FILM STUDIES AND CINEMATOGRAPHY - PROJECT 1


01.10.19 - 15.10.19 (Week 6 - Week 8)

Helen Angelia (0336203)

Film Studies and Cinematography

Project 1 - Story


PROJECT 1: STORY

In preparation for project 1, we learned the difference about 2D and 3D and the variations of camera shots. In act, there also has scenes and scenes has shots. While studying the lectures, we were to come up with a short story for our project 1.

Here is my first attempt story for my project 1:

First Attempt Story
Feedback: Mr. Mike said the story is way too long for a two minutes short story. He told me to just think of one character and make a story from there.

Here is my story and the rationale of why I chose the story and how I'm going to implement it.



Project 1 - Hinamatsuri Horror Story

Feedback: Mr. Mike said that it is a nice, tight animation horror story.

And of course Mr. Mike also helps me in the story development, like how it could be done and how it could attract audience more. He's the one who recommended me to have an 'open-ending' when I have never even heard of that term.



Here is the Google Drive link for full compilation:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NuMIMieOHfeT8u3AobqMHDi6TRMI5R7N



REFLECTIONS

EXPERIENCES

It was actually quite hard to come up with a story. I didn't know that a story should done in various ways and I took quite some time to be able to come up with the Hinamatsuri Horror Story. I don't even remember why I chose to do a horror story, but to experience making something I'm scared of is actually not bad. It's full of challenge and made me learn more.

OBSERVATIONS

I saw my other friends' stories and all their genre are different.There are stories about alien, folklore, fantasy, real-life, etc. It was actually quite fascinating when we can see how every student have their own stories and their own style of narrative. I learned a lot from my friends and Mr. Mike.

FINDINGS

I found out that making a short story only focuses on one character and not too heavy and deep story, however there should always be moral inside any story. I needed to think of something that audiences would seek for or not aware that that something could be made up into a fascinating story.











Comments

Popular Posts