FILM STUDIES AND CINEMATOGRAPHY - FINAL PROJECT


02.10.19 - 05.12.19 (Week 6 - Week 16)

Helen Angelia (0336203)

Film Studies and Cinematography

Final Project - Animatic Scene



FINAL PROJECT: ANIMATIC SCENE

After we're done with the storyboards, we then move on to work on our animatic scene. For my animatic scene, I mostly used frame by frame drawings which might be resulted approximately 300 drawings? To make it easier, Mr. Mike recommended me to use Adobe After Effects or other software that could help me making the animation more smooth and not too blocky.

Since I have quite difficulties with After Effects, I went with Premiere Pro.


Fig 1.1
Process in making the Animatic Scene



Fig 1.2
Animatic Sound Effects and Background Music

I listened to Mr. Mike's advice and here is the final outcome of my final project:



Hinamatsuri Horror Story
Final Project Outcome




Here is the Google Drive Link for full compilation:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NuMIMieOHfeT8u3AobqMHDi6TRMI5R7N



REFLECTIONS

EXPERIENCES

It was really fun and really hectic doing this module, but overall I enjoyed this class very much. The module itself is hard, but Mr. Mike made it looks easy and fun to learn. I always enjoyed being in Mr. Mike's class, he's really nice and very supportive. Seeing how Mr. Mike respects the students needs and wants, I feel like I have an urge to repay his kindness, including my other classmates.

However, I don't want to give him anything as it could easily be misunderstood, but I want to give him a design that he would like, if he really does like it. When he saw my character design and first part of animatic scene, he was smiling brightly and that's what me and the other students intend to do: make Mr. Mike happy with our creations.

A teacher's most joyful moments is when they see their students get to the top. And I want to give it my best for Mr. Mike who has supported us all. So thank you very much Mr. Mike for teaching us! I would love to be teach by you again.

OBSERVATIONS

I observed my classmates works of animatic scene and they all have their own styles and uniqueness. It's really fun to watch the others creations, give the feedback, and they would give their opinions in return. We support each other and we improve together. The more I observe a lot of films and animations, the more I know what Mr. Mike was talking about in class. It all become connected. therefore, I would not stop my study here, but keep continuing when it's holiday too.

FINDINGS

I found out a lot about film and animations in this module. Even though it's very challenging, but I've made it, although late submission and making lecturers worried hehe. I would like to keep improving and expand my findings in learning a lot about this kind of studies, because I know it will be very useful to me in the future.




Comments

Popular Posts