ANIMATION FUNDAMENTALS - EXERCISES


27.08.19 - 05.12.19 (Week 1 - Week 16)

Helen Angelia (0336203)

Animation Fundamentals

Exercises



EXERCISES

27.08.19 (Week 1)

To start our class, we were briefed about our module and what are we going to do in the future where we might need to be more skilled in softwares such as Adobes and Cartoon Animator. We began the lecture by discussing about the history of animation and what is the most important thing an animation should have, which is it needs to have an appeal in our animation, something that attracts audiences attentions.

03.09.19 (Week 2)

In this week, we were lectured about staging, timing, anticipation, straight ahead action and pose to pose. We also need to make slides about it.


#1 Discussion

07.09.19 (Week 2)

Today, we learned about another principles of animation which is timing, slow in and slow out, squash and stretch, and arcs of motion and we need to make another slides of it.


#2 Discussion

After learning the principles of animation, we needed to make a bouncing ball exercise that contains 5 principles: arcs of motion, exaggeration, slow in slow out, squash and stretch, and timing.



Bouncing Ball Exercise

For our metamorphosis, we need to train ourselves with flip book exercise. The concept of the exercise is in project 2 E-portfolio.


Flipbook Exercise




Flour Sack Animation





Here is Google Drive Link for full compilation:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=17dBHX0Ono--ms_ZtYqAmDlcxxuRunK9r



REFLECTIONS

EXPERIENCES

Learning the theories were the least part that I like in animation, especially the histories. Well, I like history, just not really if I need to learn too much of them. And also it gets pretty confusing when learning the principles of animation. I'm kind of a slow learner so it's kind of hard to learn it, but I believe I can improve through times.

OBSERVATIONS

I tried to observe other works and how they made their exercise, like the bouncing ball, they made it a really cute one. However, I think I enjoyed making the flour sack exercise. Even though I need a lot of frames for it, but I enjoyed drawing with pencil brush and I didn't notice the time at all.

FINDINGS

I found out pretty much interesting things while doing the exercises, including the histories. I just hope that I can learn more of animation so that I wouldn't get lost whenever there's something I yet have known.
















Comments

Popular Posts