3D MODELLING - EXERCISES



Helen Angelia (0336203)

3D Modelling

Exercises



EXERCISES

In beginning our module, Mr. Kannan taught us the basic of Maya. And for our first exercise, as there were 3 weeks holiday, Mr. Kannan wants us to try model a gun.

Exercise 1

Fig 1.1
Gun Glock 19 Generation 5



Fig 1.2
Process in Maya 2019
Fig 1.3
Final Outcome of Gun Glock 19 generation 5

Exercise 2

For the second exercise (supposed to be our project 1), we needed to make a vehicle. I decided to make a Unimog of Mercedes Benz but the cartoon version of it as I like cute things. I also tried to modify the car by combining Unimog design and Gelandewagen design.



Fig 1.4
Unimog and Gelandewagen



Fig 1.5
Unimog and Gelanderwagen Modified Sketch





Fig 1.6
Final Outcome


REFLECTION

When Mr. Kannan introduced Maya to me the first time, I was really lost. Sure I know there's something called 3D, and there is 3D animation even CGI, but when looking at the real software and make something from it, it feels very unfamiliar.

I actually got really confused and scared, will I be able to master Maya? There were 3 weeks holiday and I'm not so sure if I can keep up, since I'm also a slow learner. But exercises are needed for this, it's for preparation. I kept reassuring myself that I can do it and I'll keep trying.













Comments

Popular Posts