DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY AND IMAGING - EXERCISES


11.08.2018 - 22.10.18 (Week 3 - Week 9)

Helen Angelia (0336203)

Digital Photography and Imaging

Exercises



INSTRUCTIONS

Module Information Booklet (MIB)





LECTURES


Lecture 1 : -
Cannot attend due to the lateness of arrival or visa matters.

28.08.18 (Week 1)

_________________________________________________________________________________

Lecture 2 : -
Cannot attend due to the lateness of arrival or visa matters.
Public holiday.

04.09.18 (Week 2)



Lecture 3 : Ghost Bride

11.09.18 (Week 3)

Week 3 was the first day I attend the class. The lecturers said that I should work on the past exercise which means Hearst Mansion. I never used Photoshop before and I missed the lecture for this exercise. It gave me quite a trouble, because the Hearst Mansion that I submitted counted as "turned in late".

For Hearst Mansion exercise, I need to mask a photo of myself and put it in the provided background.


Fig 1.1
Heart Mansion background


Fig 1.2
The picture I chose to be masked


Fig 1.3
Masked picture
After I masked it, I put the picture to the Heart Mansion background.


Fig 1.4
Final Outcome
I also make reflection of myself on the water to make it more realistic.





After the Heart Mansion exercise, I need to move on to Ghost Bride exercise. I was tasked to mask some pictures and combine them all together.


Fig 1.5
Guide for the students to do the Ghost Bride exercise


Fig 1.6
The Dark Cloud Background


Fig 1.7
The Ghost Bride House


Fig 1.8
The Ghost Bride


Fig 1.9
Final Outcome of My Ghost Bride Exercise


Fig 2.0
Final Outcome of My Sunset Replacement



Lecture 4 : Recolouring Exercise

24.09.18 (Week 4)

For this exercise, we need to recolour a picture provided by the lecturers.


Fig 2.1
Original Photo


Fig 2.2
Final Outcome of Recolouring Exercise


Fig 2.3
Screenshot of Layers

After this, we need to choose our own picture that we want to colour. I chose Anne Hathaway for my exercise.


Fig 2.4
Original Photo


Fig 2.5
Recoloured Anne Hathaway


Fig 2.6
Screenshot of Layers



Lecture 5 : Changing One's Stripes

25.09.18 (Week 5)

For this exercise, we need to input a flag into a cloth texture and made the flag to has a texture of a fabric.


Fig 2.7
India Flag


Fig 2.8
Cloth Texture

The pictures above were the ones that we used for practice, but for the hand-in assignment, I chose to photoshop my own country's flag.


Fig 2.9
Indonesia Flag


Fig 3.0
Black Cloth Texture


Fig 3.1
Final Outcome of Indonesia Flag


Fig 3.2
Screenshot of Layers



Lecture 6 : Changing Texture

01.10.18 (Week 6)

For this exercise, we just need to use the old photo and add some snake skin texture on it.


Fig 3.3
Original Photo


Fig 3.4
Snake Skin Texture


Fig 3.5
Snake Skin Face


Fig 3.6
Screenshot of Layers



Lecture 7 : Digital Surrealism

08.10.18 (Week 7)

For this exercise, we need to make a castle pyrenees of our own, based from the famous surrealistic painting of "Castle Pyrenees".


Fig 3.7
Original Painting of Castle Pyrenees


Fig 3.8
Rock


Fig 3.9
Castle


Fig 4.0
Clouds Background


Fig 4.1
Galaxy Background

I combines all these pictures together and my final outcome of Castle Pyrenees was "Castle from Other Galaxy", was what Mr. Jeffrey commented to my work.


Fig 4.2
Final Outcome of Castle Pyrenees


Fig 4.3
Screenshot of Layers



Lecture 8 : Digital Surrealism (Adobe After Effects)

22.10.18 (Week 8)


Fig 4.4
Green Screen: Person Jumping


Fig 4.5
Green Screen : Water


Fig 4.6
Fountain Background


Fig 4.7
Guitar (Just For Fun)

I was supposed to animate it, but unfortunately I didn't have the after effects.


Fig 4.8
Final Outcome of DPI Camera Shoot










Comments

Popular Posts