DESIGN PRINCIPLE - PROJECT 2


17.10.18 - 31.10.18 (Week 9 - Week 10)

Helen Angelia (0336203)

Design Principle

Project 2

_________________________________________________________________________________

For this project, we have to choose a place near Taylor's and observed the place for one or two weeks, also make a work that describes that place. Whether it's traditional or digital painting, we can express the place that we observed however we like. But it should shows the proof that we've been observing that place.

My chosen place is an apartment near Taylor's called D'Latour.
These are the photos that I took with a help from a friend for my project.



Fig 2.1 D'Latour


Fig 2.2 D'Latour Apartment


Fig 2.3 D'Latour Swimming Pool


Fig 2.4 D'Latour Cafe


Fig 2.5 D'Latour Cafe (2)


Fig 2.6 Compass Rooster in D'Latour Mini Garden


Fig 2.7 Food Trucks


Fig 2.8 Sunset in D'Latour


The reason I chose this place was because I often went here to do my assignments. My friend, Feryn Juliesta lives here and sometimes we study in group in her apartment along with our other friends. The pictures are the views that we can capture from D'Latour.

The swimming pool was always our favourite place to go. There are mattresses beside the pool and we usually did our assignments there while laying down, chat and have fun while enjoying the night breeze. Because we were so often going there, even the security already familiar with us.

We sometimes went to food trucks as well. The food trucks will be available in D'Latour area every Tuesday and Thursday. They will be opened from 5 pm - 11 pm. The food trucks are always crowded and sometimes we couldn't find seats to eat, so we went back again to the swimming pool or rooftop with food and drinks we bought. But, we have to be careful eating on top of the mattresses. We don't want to get it spoiled by the food or drinks.

There's a cafe in D'Latour as well, but the cafe is a bit pricey for us so we don't hang out there very often.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the project, I tried to make it as eye-catching as possible and have the elements that shows D'Latour. But for my work, I chose to focus on showing my favourite hang out places in there.


I combined the pictures I mentioned above and make it as my artwork.




_________________________________________________________________________________

FEEDBACKS

Ma'am Sherry said that my work is nicely integrated and it's inviting her or draws people to take a look at my work and to visit D'Latour. However, some of my friends said that it more looks like property commercial, not really reflecting D'Latour itself. I thought to myself maybe that's because I focused on my favourite places. But then, most of them said that my work is really nice.

_________________________________________________________________________________




















Comments

Popular Posts